| Dedication plaque on the public potties! |
| A tile couch across the street is a real "rest" room! |
On the way to the northern part of New Zealand's North Island, our hosts said "we must stop at the town with the pretty potties!" So we did. The town of Kawakawa has some very famous public toilets designed by an artist . . . they are seriously some of the nicest potties we've ever seen! The artist Frederick Hundertwasser created a major curiosity and a tourist attraction for this little town in the Bay of Islands region of northern New Zealand. Decorated with multicolored tiles and natural light streaming through recycled bottles, these may be some of the most photographed public toilets ever! I'm such an urban planning wonk, I think ABQ needs some of these, as part of the public arts program. I will suggest it to the City. But, until then, if you are ever in Kawakawa, NZ, you simply gotta go.
| The front entrance |
| We gotta go! |
| Girls' Side |
| Boys' side |
No comments:
Post a Comment