Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Miss You Every Day, Dad

Robert E. Campbell, LTC (ret) US Army
November 6, 1926-October 11, 2010

It's been a year today since you left, Dad, and I miss you every day.  There are moments when I see something, remember something, hear something and I'm ready to pick up the phone just to hear you say "Good Morning" . . . at any time of the day.  In my new career, I have the great fortune of working with your would-be colleagues in the military, and there are things they do and say that take me back to our family's days of living on Army posts, and being in the company of patriots.  Just the opportunity to serve America overseas is an unbelievable honor, and a tradition that you taught by example.  In whatever way it is possible, please know that you are missed and fondly remembered every single day.  Love, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment