One such tradition is that a different club member hosts each bimonthly dinner meeting (about once a year) . . . and puts the club's @400-book library on display at her house during the evening. The women in the club are very serious readers . . . each reporting on a stack of books they have read since the last dinner; and contributing funds each meeting for the purchase of another dozen new books.
The hostess provides all the hospitality . . . Shelly's Labor Day menu was an Italian treat of fresh veggie appetizers, salad with homemade dressing, chicken parmesan, steamed green beans w/ a sundried tomato & dill sauce, quinoa pasta, and the piece de resistance . . . homemade tiramisu!
Libations, book reviews, conversations, and the sound of waves crashing on the shore filled the patio's night air.
I'm sorry- this is not the Shelly Campbell I know! (It must be Sheila- only Shelly will know what that means.) I am soooo impressed. Can you cook for me sometime (that is not something I would have asked a few years ago.)?
ReplyDelete