Here are Shelly's impressions of the Labour Day political rallies in Mauritius:
Today, May 1, was a public holiday in Mauritius, and a day
of political rallies for the two major national parties. Of course my
political wonk husband had to go observe - both rallies - and I tagged along. Through my
untrained eye, this is what I gleaned …
• oooh, the party with the colors orange & purple has the most eye-catching
banners!
• sure are a lot of 20-somethings in the Youth Party
• feeling an odd aversion to the party with an acronym that's a combination PMS
and PTSD … no woman in her right mind wants that!
• why are they wasting money handing out "gimme" gifts like skimpy
scarves and head bands?
• who the heck decided to place the stage so the speakers were facing into the
blazing sun … fire him!
• crowds gets quieter as the temp gets hotter
• sure wishing some party had money for "gimme" gift umbrellas - any
color!
• what angel decided to place the stage so the listeners had their backs to the
sun … LIKE him!
• hmmmm, not a port-a-potty in sight
With these insights, I guess it's a good thing I'm not
eligible to vote here!

No comments:
Post a Comment